Storey & Gough take particular pride in operating our business from the heritage building known as Harrisford, in Parramatta.
Harrisford was the location where the well renowned King’s School undertook its first lessons. When the King’s School started in 1832 there were two schools, one in Pitt Street, Sydney, the other in Parramatta. However, the first site was not the site in North Parramatta or the site at Marist Place, Parramatta. The school actually started life in the modest house on two blocks of land at the bottom of George Street, Parramatta, now known as Harrisford. The building in which the first pupils of the Kings School had their lessons still stands on the same site and remains as one of the finest examples of historical architecture in Sydney.